Street Rod 3 > Street Rod 3 Discussion

Part failure, etc.

<< < (2/6) > >>

cdoublejj:

--- Quote from: TSJ on July 15, 2014, 03:55:25 am ---Since we will not have damage models, then perhaps we need some way of showing wear and tear using textures, kinda like in GHG... A damaged car part (engone part, body part etc..)  could have various textures... like

new (no rust)
worn (slight rust)
very worn (rust)
worn/damaged beyond repair (all rust)

--- End quote ---

Sounds reasonable. Don't forget SR1 and 2 had damage and wear and you could inspect the parts and if you were smart you did so that it didn't fail in a race.

Maxaxle:

--- Quote from: cdoublejj on July 18, 2014, 06:55:00 am ---
--- Quote from: TSJ on July 15, 2014, 03:55:25 am ---Since we will not have damage models, then perhaps we need some way of showing wear and tear using textures, kinda like in GHG... A damaged car part (engone part, body part etc..)  could have various textures... like

new (no rust)
worn (slight rust)
very worn (rust)
worn/damaged beyond repair (all rust)

--- End quote ---

Sounds reasonable. Don't forget SR1 and 2 had damage and wear and you could inspect the parts and if you were smart you did so that it didn't fail in a race.

--- End quote ---
Heh, I've dropped my fair share of transmissions in SR1.

cdoublejj:
though why rust? wouldn't that make more sense for body panels? the old SR3 Alpha did the 'ol GHG for worn parts with the green,yellow,rad, dark color scheme for parts. ...Well it makes sense for junk yard parts i guess. I would maybe guess some kind of inbetween that uses both ideas together?

Maxaxle:
Rust crops up fairly easily wherever it snows or rains a lot, and the effect is compounded if the roads are being salted. Additionally, if a manufacturer was careless about rust-proofing, a body panel or even a piece of a car's chassis can fall out.

cdoublejj:
That's probably too far. Cars didn't just fall apart back then and they don't today. I live in such a place and people just take there cars to the car wash once a week or more ti clean out the salt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version