Author Topic: full screen and sound  (Read 6960 times)

criminala

• View Profile
full screen and sound
« on: April 06, 2012, 04:51:20 am »
For me the options full screen and sound don't work .
Most of the sounds are not there (engine sound during races etc.)  , music is entirely not there .

Full screen would be nice too (i have 2560x1440)

Vsync option is needed also , as my HD7970 crunches 3000+ frames per second and is making my powersupply scream .

megariffer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: full screen and sound
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:43:46 am »
welcome to the forums, criminala!

thank you for your feedback! but plase bear in mind, that the even the latest alpha is 7 years old now.
most of the technical stuff is outdated, so compatibility issues are very frequent.

we have plans for completely rewriting the game, with up-to-date technologies, so the mentioned problems will be corrected automatically.

as for the sounds, please don't expect too much sound from the game, we have to make a working game first, then create a lot of visual content (models, GUIs, etc), and sound effects may well be the last to add. music is always a copyright question, so this will only come much later, too.
B wn b ru wn zhī, wn zhī b ru jin zhī, ji

criminala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
Hi , thank you for answering !

7 years , i see :)

As far as the sound goes , for me it's all about the car sound during a race . Just to know when im overdriving the engine and know when to shift and so on .

Best of luck to the development team !

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:10 am »
There is also a bug with integrated Intel graphics, where the whole screen blacks out unless the mouse is in just the right place.  There is another one where cars fall through the ground and fly towards the moon. :P

Venomous

• Administrator
  • Social Deviancy:- www.socialdeviancy.com
    • View Profile
    • Social Deviancy
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:07:36 am »
Please bear in mind guys that the problems cdoublejj is mentioning are in the OLD version of the game. As megariffer stated, development is starting from scratch now and it is unsure/unlikely whether production will even continue with that old code, more likely we will be starting from absolutely scratch to present the new improved Street Rod 3!! =)
For more off-topic banter, bullshit and chit-chat, please visit SR3's sister site, Social Deviancy!

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:22 am »
Yes indeed the old one. At the time Jason B started making SR3 in 3D they didn't really have a lot of the resources we have today. Suffice to say new software/game engine could possibly get us further than the old engine ever did.

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:40:34 pm »
I know it's been two months (at least), but is there any chance that someone could port even the old sounds from SR1/SR2 into SR3?

Venomous

• Administrator
  • Social Deviancy:- www.socialdeviancy.com
    • View Profile
    • Social Deviancy
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:08:58 am »
There will be no future development done on the old obsolete alpha release of SR3. It is what it is, and will never be updated. The new release of SR3 will be started from scratch and will probably look and sound nothing like what you've been experiencing with that old alpha.
For more off-topic banter, bullshit and chit-chat, please visit SR3's sister site, Social Deviancy!

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 04:02:26 am »
There will be no future development done on the old obsolete alpha release of SR3. It is what it is, and will never be updated. The new release of SR3 will be started from scratch and will probably look and sound nothing like what you've been experiencing with that old alpha.

^He means that in a good way.

Battlewagon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 07:11:09 pm »
 ;D  Yeah, the sound is an issue, but it's not like the sound in SR1/2 was any good.  It was in the 8-bit era, and the music was so bad it would have been better off without it.  An even bigger problem, which will end with the new Alpha, is that well.....the engines can only rev up!  Working sound would make that worse, so why have it until the game is fixed?   :D

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »
There is another one where cars fall through the ground and fly towards the moon. :P
1. How did I not see this?
2. How can I reproduce this? :D

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 12:46:33 am »
i believe i start the race as normal but, once got some/a little speed i would slam it in reverse.