Author Topic: I'm Excited!!  (Read 4791 times)

Vaelor

• Administrator
  • Binary Literature:- www.binaryliterature.com
    • View Profile
    • Binary Literature
I'm Excited!!
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:48 am »
I've just been playing a little bit of Street Rod 1 & 2, courtesy of the DOSbox pack that megariffer uploaded to the Downloads section of the site the other day. I must say, it really got me in the mood for some Street Rod 3!! I'm terrible at racing games (I can't even finish Mulholland Drive or The Aqueduct in SR2!!) but I love building and tinkering and retuning the cars... I could play drag races all day at $50 a pop and eventually set up the second best car in the game, but The King is not interested in drag racing, he wants a real race for his pink slips, and I haven't got the skills!! =(

I'm wondering folks, what are you most looking forward to in Street Rod 3? The 21st century graphics? The traditional look and feel of the original games? The extra cars available? Or something else entirely? Post here and let me know! =)
Street Rod 3 is brought to you by Binary Literature. We are not dead yet!

megariffer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Excited!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:36 am »
i don't think i ever finished a mulholland drive in my life either :)
aqueduct was my favourite, i win all the time. too bad i always blow my engine with manual.
anyway i think we can't get much better gameplay than the first street rods, without making things too complicated. i liked how repair was simplified but still entertaining.
as for repairs, i think the "street legal" series were quite good, although a bit complicated to my liking, and not very realistic (i used to strip down all the body parts to get money, but i was still able to race), also the controls sucked, so SR3 must have really good keyboard controls i think. nobody wants to play SR3 with a wheel :)
but the most ber-ultra-cool function would be multiplayer, and car customization (decals and paints, mostly, not NFS underground-style madness). i would love a car lot with many racers gathering and betting on races.
B wn b ru wn zhī, wn zhī b ru jin zhī, ji

K52

• These are not the droids your looking for!
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/streetrod3
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »
im looking forward to a new garage all games these days put ya in a blank world with just ya car it dosnt seem right also they never show the engine and thats just wrong

Come To The Darkside

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:42 pm »
We already have notable better garage compared to the current/old alpha. And i know how to make it good for KB and wheel.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:07:25 pm by cdoublejj »

K52

• These are not the droids your looking for!
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/streetrod3
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:56:22 am »
KB?

Come To The Darkside

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:27 am »
KeyBoard, what handles good on KB will handle good on a wheel or game pad, but, what struggles with KB handles better with KB and mouse. I've notice with torq out the wazooh it is hard to keep a car on the road but, with analog no contest. I've been playing and modding with gta since gta 3, it uses one master file to houses all the vehicle's handing and characteristics, it is very clever system and more than just GTA uses such a system. it allows for each car to be fleshed... artistically with it's own character so to speak.

I love playing with such characteristics had i not lost some stuff through t years changing hard drives and computers. I had some sweet handling mods, gt3 through gta iv. in gta sa i had monster truck that could climb just about any hill or angle wall but, still handle real well. in gta iv i have a "bullet" which handles like crud on KB but, flies with a game pad, and i have "blista" the handles like dream and does 2 city block long burn out and is sweet on both kb and game pad.

TSJ

• A classic 1932 hotrod never gets old
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 01:44:40 am »
I agree that good control is essential... both good keyboard aswell as wheel joystick controls.

The old 3D alpha had awfull driving controls.

The thing I look most forward to is the merging of a GHG game and a racing game.
Pedal to the metal

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 03:01:42 am »
It will probably take some ques from HotRod American StreetDrag too. I've been doing some thinking and there are some things from that game that we could implement that would help/make easier development.