Author Topic: its alive mwahaha MWHAHAHA  (Read 8892 times)

TSJ

• A classic 1932 hotrod never gets old
    • View Profile
Re: its alive mwahaha MWHAHAHA
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 02:03:03 pm »
Very cool that the project has risen from the grave once again  8)

I like the new logo  :) Is the code being redone from scratch or is it still the same codebase?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:04:59 pm by TSJ »
Pedal to the metal

Venomous

• Administrator
  • Social Deviancy:- www.socialdeviancy.com
    • View Profile
    • Social Deviancy
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 03:23:28 pm »
Wow, welcome back TSJ! I see I just missed you in the chat room. Probably because you only stayed for 30 seconds. =) You'll have to be a little more patient if you want somebody to respond to you before you quit. =)

We're starting everything from scratch. The old code is solely being used as advertising material now, to give potential coders and devteam members an idea of what we're all about. It won't be in any way part of the new game though.
For more off-topic banter, bullshit and chit-chat, please visit SR3's sister site, Social Deviancy!

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
TSJ I would suggest asking Megariffer and Giszo coding questions Veno as much as the old demo is hilarious as it is fail who knows what or why but, the coders may want to examine it learn from, my guess is what NOT to do but, who knows.

Glad to see a familiar face.

TSJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:57:13 am »
Thanks for the kind words :)

I know I didn't stay long on the chat yesterday, but I was heading off to sleep, but just popped into the chat to say a very quick hello :)

I became a father in the meantime (happened last year), so I no longer decide my own bedtime  :o

It is good news that the game will be based on a new codebase. I would recommend Irrlicht for 3D graphics, if the game is going to be coded in C++. I will talk to Megariffer and Giszo when I get a chance :)

I have some unreleased car models from Mr Chris somewhere btw...

I was supposed to put them into the old sr3 but then everything grinded into a halt.

I would'nt mind using what time I have, to help with coding and modelling. Long live SR3!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:13:14 am by TSJ »
Pedal to the metal

Stonecolddano

• Cake...er'rebody loves cake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 08:07:56 am »
LSD!  Congrats on the spawn!  I too had another one, too...the wife wanted to try for a girl...but lo and behold...another boy!  Now I got 3! lol!
Kinda pissed that I have to start from "scratch" on my number of posts...I had a bunch on there too.  Just sayin'

TSJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:41:09 am »
Dano! :) Thanks. Yikes... 3......of those......things :)
Pedal to the metal