Street Rod 3 > Street Rod 3 Discussion

Anyone else getting messages about "Hot Rod Hustle"?

<< < (2/3) > >>

cdoublejj:
Well pro street and undercover i think used the same engine and had fairly similar graphics.

NFS III was interesting in that it has good graphics but, combines 2D and 3D to make it work.

Also a computer form the 2000s can do more 3D then a lot of android devices but, that gap is quickly closing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNLZPxxU1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJagJqak-FI

Maxaxle:
I see what you're getting at. Still, I don't want to imply that high-end Android devices wouldn't have a place in this (they'd just take the higher three spots) nor that low-end, old computers wouldn't have a place in this (see the first two spots). I'm saying that we should accommodate for more or less everything, even if we don't personally deal with the lower-end stuff.

cdoublejj:
Normally i take that stance but, there is major cost some where. Like LODs making multiples of each texture and model is timing and consuming and expensive. or you have to sacrifice the games graphics and pysics all together.

It's so bad to make LODs or every thing if your making a nearly 1:1 copy for something like a DS or hand held that has about as much power as low end computer or Android.

Maxaxle:
1. Well maybe we could have a few versions of the game, one for a generalized "range" of computers, and then mix and match features until we have over 9000 subsets of each set of features?
2. Lol, you overestimate the DS' capabilities. The most advanced game I have for it, GTA Chinatown Wars, has GTA3-esque physics and fewer than ten or twenty vehicles on screen at any given time.

cdoublejj:

--- Quote from: Maxaxle on January 23, 2014, 07:49:48 pm ---1. Well maybe we could have a few versions of the game, one for a generalized "range" of computers, and then mix and match features until we have over 9000 subsets of each set of features?

--- End quote ---

:o

--- Quote from: Maxaxle on January 23, 2014, 07:49:48 pm ---2. Lol, you overestimate the DS' capabilities. The most advanced game I have for it, GTA Chinatown Wars, has GTA3-esque physics and fewer than ten or twenty vehicles on screen at any given time.

--- End quote ---

DS as in like 3DS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version