Author Topic: Street Rod Cheat Pack  (Read 6215 times)

Battlewagon

• View Profile
Street Rod Cheat Pack
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »
Okay, first question...is the Cheat Pack for Street Rod 2, or Street Rod 3?  I'd love to mod either one of them, but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 7 64-bit.  I've tried compatibility mode to no avail, so I can't open it to see what it is.

megariffer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Street Rod Cheat Pack
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:56:00 pm »
hello!

did you try the DOSBox "bundled" version i created?
you can download that from streetrod3.com as well
http://www.streetrod3.com/?q=downloads

then extract the cheat pack anywhere on your PC, then copy the cracked exe (srod2_tr.exe IIRC) into
[extractionpath]\streetrod1-2\DOSBox\Street Rod 1&2\SR2
where you change [extractionpath] to whatever you extracted the dosbox version.

to put it more easily you should just put the cracked exe into your sr2 folder. that's it :)

have fun, if you still have problems, ask away!

cheers,
megariffer
B wn b ru wn zhī, wn zhī b ru jin zhī, ji

megariffer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »
oh and i forgot the importand part:

of course you can't just start the cracked game with the dosbox start.bat!
if you execute start.bat, you have an option to exit to dosbox.
choose that, then enter: SR2\SROD2_TR.EXE

if you want to always use the cracked version, you should just rename SROD2_TR.exe to SR.exe and overwrite the file in the SR2 directory. that way you can use start.bat and start the game from the menu.
B wn b ru wn zhī, wn zhī b ru jin zhī, ji

Battlewagon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »
LOL.   :)  Okay, so it's a traditional crack.  I was hoping it would be an editor to build, for example, a '57 Belair.  That was sort of thing what I wanted to do.  One of the Street Rod versions (I thought it was 2, but maybe I was wrong) had a '53 Cadillac in it too (that's a bizarre choice, I know, but I remember it being in there), as well as a Chevy 307 V-8 (even stranger).  What occurs to me, and I assume you agree, is that most of the work for SR3 will be developing the cars and parts. 

Simulation engines are quite numerous nowadays, so what I'm hoping is that you/we can find and implement one pretty easily.  For example, I noticed that the second most popular game in a store here in Prague was a farming simulator that included tractors.  I'm not making that up.  In spite of what people say on these forums, simulation is quite big right now.  Auran Trainz was recently released for Mac and iPad too, and that surprised me as well. 

Because of my work with Redline, I have a few models available of C1 and C2 Corvettes, and I had planned to make more when my computer became incompatible with Redline.  I could continue the project, albeit on a smaller scale, for Street Rod.  It would be smaller, of course, because the cars in Street Rod are only marginally factory, for the sake of being convincing subjects to mod, but without wasting tremendous amounts of development time being perfect.  The Pontiac GTO in Street Rod 2 has a 327 in it, for example, although I think that a 400 V-8 would fit in quite well in Street Rod 3.  I've already made one, but the physics are not distinct from the Ford 351 at this point since I have no idea how to tweak them.  Basically, my 400 engine is a placeholder.