Author Topic: ok so its not sr3  (Read 10791 times)

speedyyouri

• View Profile
Re: ok so its not sr3
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 09:04:32 am »
I would put Gran Turismo in the Jacket of Need for Speed: Porsche unleashed Evolution mode.

Start in 1925 with a small select amount of cars. unlock years and cars by winning more and more races

"Yes Rick this is turning out to be a fine race."
"Well Bob the racers are just screaming along at the blazing speed of 35mph. It is just an incredible site to see!"

Wouldn't it be brilliant? to throw your Rolls Royce Phantom 2 around the corner with 15MPH because if any faster understeer will throw the car out of the track? :)

:P

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 06:07:21 pm »
"Yes Rick this is turning out to be a fine race."
"Well Bob the racers are just screaming along at the blazing speed of 35mph. It is just an incredible site to see!"

:P
More like 40, but yeah.

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »
I really want the handling to be right on this game, we can't do a simulation but, we can come close. A perfect balance between sim and arcade (GTA 4, NFS pro street).

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:51 pm »
I really want the handling to be right on this game, we can't do a simulation but, we can come close. A perfect balance between sim and arcade (GTA 4, NFS pro street).
Yeah, but IMO we should decide which elements will be closest to one of three choices. The first choice would be "Fun". Think Saint's Row 2 or 3 when you think "Fun". It's not balanced, it's not realistic in any sense, it's all about player experience. Unfortunately, most things are unbalanced as a result. The second choice is "Balance". Think about how GTA4 weapons and vehicles work, as well as their possible combinations and intersections. That's balance. Not necessarily fun or realistic, but this way there will be an upside and a downside to everything (i.e. you can tune up your car for racing and beat other racers with ease, but it's expensive, maintenance is expensive, gas is expensive, etc.) The last choice is "Realism". Self-explanatory, but not necessarily balanced or fun.

As an example, let's say cops are more Fun. They give out $25-$75 tickets and you never get a record, maybe they'll try to ram you off the road if you don't stop, but some players will curse at their computers when they get rammed off the road (wrecked) and it's really not realistic at all. If the cops were mostly Balanced, they'd give out $50-150 tickets, however they would touch the player car as little as possible, maybe get in front of and slow down the player car (by pressing their back bumper to the player's front) or PITT the player. If they were mostly Realistic, they'd give out really expensive tickets ($100+) and be nice unless the player gave them a reason to be harsh. This could bankrupt players quite easily, and the added realism would make for added difficulty in evasion, however the player's options would open up a lot more.

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »
Well I'm pro "in the middle" when it comes to how vehicles handle i consider gta 4 an "in the middle" game also pro street, real but, not super dooper real because lets face it that would be near impossible to figure the math on that.

The reasons behind that are 1) the first, while dos game actually were in the middle too were and are still some what realistic. 2) not every one wants super wacky fun time but, as you suggested in the other thread that could be adjusted by the player via slider, though i'm not sure if that is possible. 3) it suits the game and game play having ultra realistic mechanic aspect with saints row 3 like driving would probably put people off.

Hopefully i'm not coming off as a complete ass hole, I think coming up with new ideas is good thing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:47:27 pm by cdoublejj »

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:03 pm »
Hopefully i'm not coming off as a complete ass hole, I think coming up with new ideas is good thing.
Honestly, I like the constructive criticism. A little bit of brainstorming never hurt.

Although, yes, the DOS games were more about balance and realism than fun, it couldn't hurt to make the game a little (a LOT) more open-ended. At worst, we have a game that suits most people. At best, we have a game that makes the NFS series look bland and outdated.

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:07 pm »
Well if you really wanted goofy a second sett of handling files could be set in place just one problem... the number of vehicles original planned for SR3 is bit ambitious but, on the other hand half the models could be recycled ie multiple years or version of cars same could be said for handling files (cfg/ini). but, once the process is done it may not be hard to go through and do a quick butchering of each handling file to make your "arcade" handling usually it is a matter of upping the traction and dropping the center of gravity in the negatives and a few other bits.

The one thing i can't account for is mods i'm not sure how those will come in to play i've always assumed modifier system might be the mist logical in which case it would only make the above more possible. All assuming of course. That said two sets of handling files, you could have that slider but, it would only switch too one or the other balance or whacko.

I've always like playing with vehicle handling files and have thought it was pretty ingenious system.

GTAIV Heavy Faggio

GTA IV Smashing Cars

I need to fraps my other mods some time, I have a Blista compact with a HELL of a power band were talking a 2 city block burn out and wheel spin when shifting gears.  ;D

Venomous

• Administrator
  • Social Deviancy:- www.socialdeviancy.com
    • View Profile
    • Social Deviancy
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 10:12:31 am »
See, there is NOTHING realistic about that bike video. That fucker would have come flying over the handlebars at least 200 times during that 2 min video if that was "realistic". Even that bus probably would have exploded eventually. I know you like showing off your GTA FRAPS videos cdoublejj, but did those videos have ANY relevance to this thread or SR3 at all??
For more off-topic banter, bullshit and chit-chat, please visit SR3's sister site, Social Deviancy!

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:18 pm »
See, there is NOTHING realistic about that bike video. That fucker would have come flying over the handlebars at least 200 times during that 2 min video if that was "realistic". Even that bus probably would have exploded eventually. I know you like showing off your GTA FRAPS videos cdoublejj, but did those videos have ANY relevance to this thread or SR3 at all??
He's pointing out the possibilities associated with GTA-style handling files (or at least a single .cfg dictating all vehicle handling characteristics). You could have the cars be hilariously cartoonish (first vid) or you could have them be pseudo-realistic, like with an unmodded GTA4.

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 06:49:23 am »
I might fraps my friends handling mods they are more realistic, if you roll your car it's fucked and what might be normal fender bender will cave in your quarter panels.

Those are totally off the walls mods which is usually what i do in GTA 4. I do have some some what realistic over powered cars like the Bullet GT one of my most favorite interesting mods. it handles like cars in Dirt 2 but, even harder to drive unless you have game pad in which case you can really lay in to it. Holding down the throttle just sends the car all over the place just like in real life. GTA 4 IMHO has a really good balance cars aren't to hard to drive to so it's fun and they don't wreck to easy to make fast driving and getaways do able and fun.