Author Topic: Can't believe it!  (Read 6747 times)

Manta556

• View Profile
Can't believe it!
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:01 am »
I cannot BELIEVE you guys are making another street rod! Man I loved that game when I was a kid. Probably 1/2 the reason I became a mechanic then engineer. Really hoping to see a '70 SS Chevelle in there ;P

cdoublejj

• View Profile
Re: Can't believe it!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:05:58 pm »
I think there will likely be a '70 SS Chevelle since it was common muscle car at the time.

Battlewagon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:52:24 pm »
There was also a Chevelle in SR2, although a slightly older one.  It does seem like a natural choice given its popularity today.  It should hardly matter that at the time it wasn't so desirable.  That's how these things go.  I just read an article about the Mercury Cyclone, another flop at the time that's collectible today.

TieRod

• Pay attention, dummy! That won't fit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 04:57:06 pm »
1970 Chevelle is a great idea, different from 1968 Chevelle seen in SR2 true....but I would go with a 1970 El Camino which is based on the Chevelle front given that year.
I'm really excited about the game especially if the design is kept retro (the Drive-in with waitresses, could have some short chatting with them, hey sweetheart tell the boys I'm looking for a drag or pink slip or parts AND GET ME A MILKSHAKE! lol)
I just loved the epic quotes, SR3 must be RETRO!!!! I would even be crazy enough to play it in 16 bits...
I can't believe it too that they are doing it at last...I was asking Ubisoft and small game designers for the last 2 years if anyone would like to program it or remix SR3 to finish it (I have no programming skills/knowledge at all)....and HERE THIS SITE EXISTED ALL ALONG..THIS IS SO AMAZING! Nothing to do with GT, Forza, NFSUnderground, Hot Rod American Drag Street Racing......I've been playing SR1-2 for 15years (as I can remember I've had my 386SX (DX upgraded lol) my first real CPU, I'm downloading again for the XX time the 2 games RTFNow!!!!! P.S. If an Administrator reads this post, could it be posible to have a huge post telling us where you are at in a summary what you need, like a list, because I see many posts and videos, but it's hard to tell exactly at what stage you are, I think you're looking for a programmer????...is the story complete? PLEASE MAKE A LIST OF THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW TO MAKE THE PROJECT MOVE FORWARD...too many posts scrambled :)

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:33:53 pm »
SR3 isn't retro but, if you want retro check out SRO. http://streetrodonline.com/

However SR3 is a genuine truthful to the roots 3D sequel.

Battlewagon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 04:09:45 pm »
That website answers one of my long-running questions about SR2, namely why the '53 Cadillac is missing, and so on.  The Car Data Disk!!!  I'd really like to know more about that one.

Marco

• View Profile
    • Steet Rod Online
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 04:46:30 pm »
The Car Data Disk!!!  I'd really like to know more about that one.

So do I (:

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »
Okay, now I'm curious. What's this "Car Data Disk" you guys are talking about?

cdoublejj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:02 pm »
A myth untill Marko can get is hand one/it. I have to wonder if the Sr2 developer he spoke to had any thing to say about it.

Marco

• View Profile
    • Steet Rod Online
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »
Right now it's a bit of a myth indeed.

But with strong suggestions that it's true, see my evidence below (which is also available on streetrodonline.com)
I'm working quietly on more evidence, I hope to publish more news this month.

Marco

• View Profile
    • Steet Rod Online
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 10:12:42 am »
As promised, some more news. I talked with one of the original developers and he affirmed that the Street Rod Car Data Disk exists.

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 12:14:00 am »
As promised, some more news. I talked with one of the original developers and he affirmed that the Street Rod Car Data Disk exists.
*head explodes*

Marco

• View Profile
    • Steet Rod Online
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:43 am »
As you might have read on streetrodonline.com, the mysterious Street Rod Data Disks have been found.

Very soon we will know whether we can play Street Rod with a whole new set of cars or not.

Marco

• View Profile
    • Steet Rod Online
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 03:44:53 am »
The big mystery just became reality: It works!!!

Maxaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 07:17:40 pm »
Holy crap! Where are those disks being hosted?