General Category > News

The time has come - 3D modeller/artist needed!

(1/4) > >>

Okay devoted fans and wannabe developers, the time has come - WE NEED YOU!

We are currently looking for a 3D design artist to help kick off the new release of Street Rod 3. We need somebody who meets the following criteria:-

* Experience with 3D graphic design, modelling, texture editing, etc.
* Willingness to work closely with the coding team to implement your high quality work into the game's framework
* Familiarity with, or the ability and willingness to learn, the Irrllcht world editor
* AVAILABILITY - You MUST be regularly and freely available to discuss the project with the development and admin teams, via IRC (or the IRC chat application built into the SR3 website), at least once a week to begin with and leading up to possibly once a day when things start to take off
* Ability to be contacted both online and offline (chat or email), either by remaining logged into the IRC channel at all (or most) times or providing an email contact address that will be checked at least daily
* Impeccable English skills. If you want an example of what is NOT what we want, see any of cdoublejj's posts on the forum =)
Please post on this thread and tell us a little about yourself and why you'd like to work on SR3 as a 3D graphic artist. Please be aware that at this time this is a NON-PAYING position. Until such time as the SR3 project receives some funding from donations, Kickstarter, or some other method, all members of the development team are working for the love of the Street Rod series in their spare time.

Now post! =)

If you need someone handy with Sketchup, I can make some generic placeholder-type models. I haven't tried using Blender in awhile but it was entirely useless the last time I tried (would not launch), though considering my experience with Autodesk Inventor, I doubt I'd be terrible with it.

What 3D editor is needed? Sketchup?

--- Quote from: TSJ on September 02, 2012, 01:28:10 pm ---What 3D editor is needed? Sketchup?

--- End quote ---

I don't think we want to restrict anyone to use a specific 3D editor. You can use the one you prefer until it is able to export 3D models to a reasonable and common file format.

--- Quote from: giszo on September 03, 2012, 03:00:07 am ---reasonable and common file format.

--- End quote ---
That's very specific. What's the current engine compatible with?

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version