Street Rod 3 > Development

developer blog (kind of)

(1/9) > >>

megariffer:
hello everyone,

i 'm starting this thread with the intention on posting here regularly about the work i have done on the game.
how long i will keep up doing this? there is no telling that, but i'll try.

my main focus right now is to make a working, playable demo with the garage scene, with a handful of parts (no racing yet), and only one car (note that i will not include every functionality of the old alpha yet, there will be no replaceable mufflers, differentials, shocks and such, only changeable wheels. i'm planning to do that later, when i have proper 3d models for those parts as well)
i'm 60-70% finished with this. for now, i want to mimic the GUI of the old SR3 alpha, just because it's easier that way, i can reuse the sprites for example.

here is what i did so far:

there is the garage, as seen on the video earlier, now with the GUI present, non-functional buttons are greyed out:

then there is the engine view, where you will assemble your motor:

you can check out your inventory of parts:

the newspaper also has a minimal functionality already:

and you can also repaint your car:

that's it for now, i know it's not much but hey, this is all there is for the last 10 years! :)

let me know how you feel in the comments, see you all later!

Maxaxle:
I noticed that all of the newspaper text was blurred out; if you want, I could try re-writing them.

megariffer:

--- Quote from: Maxaxle on March 01, 2015, 05:57:52 pm ---I noticed that all of the newspaper text was blurred out; if you want, I could try re-writing them.

--- End quote ---

i also took the blurred text images from the old alpha.
what do you mean re-write them? there was no readable text in the newspaper in either of the SR games.

cdoublejj:
Like i said in the other post it's amazing to see SR3 in the 21st century. Amazing works bud!  :)  ;D

megariffer:

--- Quote from: cdoublejj on March 01, 2015, 07:24:39 pm ---Like i said in the other post it's amazing to see SR3 in the 21st century. Amazing works bud!  :)  ;D

--- End quote ---

thanks, cj! good to have some encouragement, i'll try and not give up on the development.
i decided to put aside some personal things so i can devote more time to the project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version