Street Rod 3 > Suggestions

Efficiency? Running out of gas? Towing?

<< < (3/3)

ST1:
Not sure what baffles are I think we call them moth balls.
On that topic.  What about fueling a d fuel additives?  Toulene, xylene, racing fuel,  avgas, methanol etc...

Also any chance we can warm up the tyres/ do a burnout to warm up the tyres.....

Maxaxle:

--- Quote from: ST1 on October 22, 2016, 02:42:48 am ---Not sure what baffles are I think we call them moth balls.
On that topic.  What about fueling a d fuel additives?  Toulene, xylene, racing fuel,  avgas, methanol etc...

Also any chance we can warm up the tyres/ do a burnout to warm up the tyres.....

--- End quote ---

Performance-enhancing burnouts? I approve.

cdoublejj:
a baffle is a divider wall that helps with fuel sloshing around in the tank. with out the fuel is free to move about in the tank which is bad because when you stomp the gas and the car shoots forward the gas slams again the back of the tanks and when it does that if it's not full it dips BELOW the fuel pick up tube and the fuel pump sucks in nothing but, air for a second until the fuel levels backs out which causes sputtering and loss of power. Something similar happens in the throats of the Holley style carburetors too when where sloshes out of the breather tubes and down the in to the intakes the drowns/floods the intake with too much fuels and causes a rich condition which also robs power.

Here is a picture of the baffles i'm talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version